LENVIMA 10 mg hard capsules
Manufacturer: Eisai GmbH
Pharmaceutical form: capsules
LENVIMA 10 mg hard capsules contain the active ingredient Lenvatinib . Note also the special effect of LENVIMA 4 mg / -10 mg hard capsules .
Lenvatinib is used in adults to combat thyroid cancer. The condition is that it is an aggressive form, either locally or already progresses secondary tumors (metastases) has formed. In addition, the cancer needs of the so-called Hürthle cells out of the thyroid gland and a previously applied radioactive iodine therapy must have been ineffective.
For the following application areas of Lenvatinib depth information are available:
- Cancer (general)
All stated by the manufacturer Application Areas
Further information Lenvima 10 mg
Please also read the information on the drug group cytostatics , to which the active ingredient Lenvatinib belongs.
The treatment with the drug should be monitored by a specialized doctor who has experience in the treatment of cancer.
The recommended daily dose of 24 milligrams is Lenvatinib once daily. The daily dose is the requirement determined in accordance with and aligned on the tolerability by the doctor.
Did you forget to take a dose and not those completed within twelve hours, you should skip this dose and then take the next dose at the usual time.
Treatment should be continued as long as the doctor's notes, an advantage or to the side effects are no longer acceptable.
The treatment of adverse reactions may require dose interruption, dose modification or cessation of treatment required with the drug. Mild to moderate side effects generally make no interruption of treatment needed, unless they are unbearable for the patient. Severe side effects requiring discontinuation of treatment to resolution or improvement of symptoms. Subsequently, the physician will continue the treatment at a reduced dose.
Other ingredients Lenvima 10 mg
Following medicinally inactive ingredients contained in the drug:
- microcrystalline cellulose
- Titanium dioxide (E171)
- calcium carbonate
- Iron oxides and hydroxides (E172)
- potassium hydroxide
- propylene glycol
side effects Lenvima 10 mg
Very common side effects urinary tract infections , low platelet count, lack of calcium in the blood, lack of potassiumin the blood, weight loss, decreased appetite, insomnia, dizziness,
Headache, Schmeckstörung, bleeding, high blood pressure ,low blood pressure , speech disorder, diarrhea , gastrointestinal pain, abdominal pain, nausea and vomiting , mouth inflammation, pain in the mouth, constipation , dyspepsia, dry mouth, reddening and burning of the palms and soles, skin rash, hair loss , back pain, arthralgia, myalgia, pain in arms and legs, muscle pain, bone pain, protein in the urine, fatigue, weakness, fluid retention in the arms and legs. Common side effects lack of lymph cells, hypothyroidism increases, TSH in the blood, dehydration, lack of magnesium in blood,
Cholesterol excess in the blood, stroke , heart attack , heart failure , cardiac arrhythmias ( QT prolongation , decreased cardiac pump function, pulmonary embolism , fistula around the anus,flatulence , abnormal liver function, elevated liver function tests in the blood ( ASAT , ALAT , alkaline phosphatase , gamma-GT , bilirubin ), too little protein in the blood, skin peeling, kidney dysfunction, loss of renal function, increased renal blood levels ( creatinine , urea ), malaise. Uncommon side effects purulent ulcers (abscesses) around the anus, circulatory disorder of the spleen (splenic infarction), transient brain dysfunction ( posterior reversible encephalopathy syndrome), one-sided paralysis, temporary circulatory disorder of the brain, damage to the liver cells, liver inflammation .specifics: If the following circumstances arise, the doctor will stop treatment with Lenvatinib immediately:
- severe renal impairment
- Heart failure
- Brain dysfunction in terms of posterior reversible encephalopathy syndrome
- liver damage
- arterial circulatory disorders (eg, stroke, heart attack or temporary decreased blood flow to the brain)
- Breakthroughs in the gastrointestinal tract.
Signs of brain disorder (posterior reversible encephalopathy syndrome) are headache, seizures, lethargy, confusion, abnormal thinking, impaired vision or nerve disorders. If such happens, immediately to consult a doctor.
Lack of calcium, potassium or magnesium increases the risk of cardiac arrhythmias. Therefore, the doctor will examine the mineral balance in all patients prior to initiation of treatment and checked at regular intervals. This includes a regular review of cardiac function by ECG .
interactions Lenvima 10 mg
There are suspicions that Lenvatinib may alter the metabolism of other drugs. This fact is important in the concurrent use of substances, which are quick to underdosing comes such as the anti-allergic astemizole and terfenadine , cisapride the stomach, the psychotropic drug pimozide, the antiarrhythmics<link="w">Quinidine and bepridil or ergot alkaloids such as ergotamine and dihydroergotamine .
It is not known whether Lenvatinib can reduce the effectiveness of the "pill". Therefore, women who use these must, in addition to another effective method of contraception (condoms, intrauterine device).
Hypersensitivity to the active substance may not be used Lenvatinib.
Only after careful benefit-risk assessment by the physician and under his control must be applied at Lenvatinib
- Hypertension , because these can worsen
- Renal dysfunction, because these can derail and possibly require dose adjustment
- Hepatic impairment because these possibly requiring dose adjustment
- Heart failure , because this may increase
- Patients who in the past six months occurred arterial circulatory disorder, because they were not included in the clinical trials
- Patients with risk factors for perforation of the gastrointestinal tract (previous surgery, radiotherapy) because the risk may increase
- an existing cardiac arrhythmia type of the QT prolongation (eg following a cardiac insufficiency, when to slow heartbeat or drugs that slow down the heart beat)
- Asians, the elderly and those with a body weight less than 60 kg, because Lenvatinib will tolerate poor of these patients.
What should I watch for pregnancy and breastfeeding?
Women of childbearing potential should not become pregnant during treatment with Lenvatinib and at least up to one month after cessation of treatment. It is therefore to apply a highly effective method of contraception. Because it is not known so far whether Lenvatinib can reduce the effectiveness of the "pill" to women who take them, also use condoms or pessaries.
Because Lenvatinib has shown in animal experiments as teratogenic, it must during pregnancy does not apply. Consider it the doctor nevertheless clearly necessary, it will weigh up the benefit to the mother against the risk for the child carefully.
It is not known whether Lenvatinib excreted in human breast milk. In rats Lenvatinib and its metabolites are excreted in human milk. As a risk to newborns or infants can not be excluded, the use of the substance is prohibited during lactation.
What has to be considered in children?
Lenvatinib should not be used in children under two years. In animal experiments, the drug for juvenile animals proved dangerous. The safety and efficacy of Lenvatinib in children aged two to 18 years have not yet been proven by clinical studies. Therefore, the use is at the discretion of the attending physician.
warnings Lenvima 10 mg
- Side effects such as tiredness and dizziness may make driving or using machines dangerous.
- During therapy with the drug and up to one month after that no pregnancy should occur.
- The treatment with the drug should be monitored by a specialized doctor who has experience in the treatment of cancer.
- If during the treatment with the drug to severe renal impairment, heart failure, brain dysfunction, liver damage, hemorrhage, arterial circulatory disorders or gastrointestinal perforations, the treatment must be stopped.
- In hypertensive patients, the blood pressure before beginning treatment must be sufficiently lowered and monitored regularly.
- The urine should be checked regularly with test strips to an elevated protein excretion.
- If signs of brain disorder (headaches, seizures, lethargy, confusion, altered thinking, vision problems or nervous disorders once a doctor is consulted.
- Before and periodically during treatment with the drug, the liver function tests are medically catching.
- Before and regularly during treatment of the mineral balance and the cardiac function of the patient should be checked by a doctor.
- Ds medicine should be stored not warmer than 25 degrees.
- The drug should be stored in the original blister in order to protect from moisture.
Medicines can cause allergic reactions. The signs may be: rash, runny nose, itching, mucosal swelling, itching and redness of the eyes, narrowing of the airways (asthma). In rare cases, allergic shock come with loss of consciousness.